Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beekeeper for a Day


This is absolutely one of the most amazing experiences! Being close to a beehive where these beautiful little creatures are hard at work making honey, raising brood, and keeping their hive clean and cool is ..... Being this close to natures little workers gave me a feeling of joy and such connection. I have seen honeybees up close in flowers, but never this close at the hive with their little wings fanning their home, the little dances to show the other bees where the pollen can be found, and the intensely fast flight path when they fly out to bring more pollen back. What an extraordinary little creature the honeybee is with its melodic hum, and the sound brings the hive alive. Thanks to fantastic beekeepers from Honeybee Bazaar and their lovely dog for sharing this breathtaking experience with me, and thanks to all the home owners of Mississippi River Plantations I visited for this terrific adventure!

I even helped extract the honey too! I love honey, but there is nothing in the world like tasting the honey straight from the honeybees home. The delightful sweetness was unlike anything I had tasted before. Even though I have had very fresh honey before, eating the honey right from the comb that just came from the hive, is a taste I will never forget! Spectacular! If I get the chance to be a Beekeeper for longer than a day I would consider it a great privilege and I would recommend to anyone!














No comments:

Post a Comment