Monday, June 11, 2012

Visit Natchitoches Louisiana and Enjoy a BBQ Cook-Off


I have driven highway 49 in Louisiana many times from Baton Rouge to Shreveport and always wanted to stop by this little town and take a look. It was a wonderful experience that left me wanting to return to spend an entire week or at least a long weekend. Not only did I enjoy seeing this little town, but there is a fort and beautiful southern plantations in the area too! What a great little town on the Red River. This quaint little town offers the enjoyment for locals and visitors of lovely Lake Sibley. To my surprise, when I arrived there was a Bar-B-Que cook-off fundraiser for some local ball teams, and everyone was settling up. What fun and what delicious food! 





Here are a few of my favorite B-B-Q Teams in the fundraiser cook-off competition:








More pictures around town:




















1 comment:

  1. What an interesting little town. Makes me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete